The TECH2000 POWER-TOWER ™ is a Big Bad Boy - for the serious astronomer only - not for the faint-hearted or weak bodied.
Experienced astronomers already know that the impressive "Best Tripods" have 1.75" leg diameters for excellent rigidity, load-bearing ability, and rapid dampening characteristics, some of those are actually thinwall aluminum... but ours has 2" hard chrome steel legs... superior! Go ahead! Put a little fat & heavy high-quality APO refractor on it over 500x magnification, or heft-up a 60Lb Monstertube OTA on it if you dare, and see if we care! You will certainly care when you experience the smooth and steady behavior even under typical wind loads. Better make sure you have a telescope that is equal to the task - because the TECH2000 POWER-TOWER™ will handle any instrument of small to large stature without complaint, and is still very compact and portable! If you have used one of these before then you had already experienced a thing of beauty. You already know its a must-have for any high-quality telescope too. A few of the top key features...
Very impressive yes. Loads of other important features too. Naturally, this is Tech2000, and the full spec's are described below.
- 2" Chrome steel legs height-adjustable from low-seating levels to the towering heights needed for long focal-length telescopes. Robust strength. Largest and strongest tripod structure made for readily-transportable consumer field work up to 100 pounds total.
- EQ-5 solid-cast aluminum version equatorial head with axes bores and controls secondarily-machined directly upon the primary single-piece castings, including an illuminated reticle and collimatable polar finder inside its' axis bore. The beefiest head made for consumer equatorial mounts and actually stronger/sturdier/smoother than the EQ7 and EQ8 weaker products abounding today at higher prices.
- All tripod/head/OTA couplings completely conform to standardized Vixen/Celestron/Mead/Orion 'GP/GP2' (Great Polaris), including all OTA dovetail mountings/rings. This means any telescope can be mounted on this head, or any head can be mounted on this tripod, or any tripod can be used with this head. So it is extremely flexible in equipment variation - and Tech2000 can fabricate any odd custom requirements in our machine shop too.
- Unique cinching crank locks tripod legs and head into ONE very solid piece. Dual clamps on each lower leg - collapse is NOT ALLOWED.
- High-Quality GG Counterweights/Boosters included with most orders - see below - and you pick exactly what you want to the nearest pound!